Our happy Sundays start off with this fruit-piled fluffy waffles! It is amazing how quickly and easily you can make these fluffy, lifht waffles from scratch. This recipe is adjusted using my homemade pancake mix, which will make you want to eat them at home rather than eating out even on sleepy Sunday mornings….because it’s so easy and yummy and you can make it healthier by piling up as much fruit toppings as you want! This is definitely one of the best Sunday breakfast my hubby and son love to eat.
What we do almost every time we make waffles is to double the recipe and freeze the leftovers for later (I break a large waffle into quarters for kids). This makes the next couple weeks a breeze because I can pack them for kid’s snack or lunch anytime I want. You do the same thing with pancakes, too? Yes, we no longer have to buy those frozen waffles or pancakes from stores anymore plus we eat better this way!
- Yields 4 large waffles:
- (Dry ingredients)
- 1¾ cup flour
- 2.3 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tbs sugar (2 tbs if you want
- (Wet ingredients)
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk, room temperature
- 1.5/4 cup water, room temperature
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 4 tbs butter, melted
- Put all dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Crack eggs into the dry ingredients and mix them quickly and combine all other wet ingredients (make sure bring milk to room temperature; otherwise, the melted butter will be lumpy if it’s mixed into cold milk) and the melted butter as the last thing to combine. It's important to gradually combine the wet and dry ingredients to avoid the batter from getting too lumpy.
- Pour batter into a waffle maker and cook until it turns golden brown (we use the heat level 4.5 with a Warning Pro waffle maker).
- Garnish waffles with sliced fruits. We use strawberries, blueberries,